Friday, September 23, 2011

The Namesake.

I found them via Google. I was looking for new music in 2008. I googled The 100 Best Tracks of 2008 and found Modern Leper, by Frightened Rabbit. As soon as I listened to it, I knew I found genius. I then listened to Old Old Fashioned, and My Backwards Walk and knew I was in love with this group. I then Youtube'd them, finding all sorts of awesomeness. Head Rolls Off was my favourite... that was until 2010 when this song came around.

Foot Shooter

As a veteran 'foot shooter' this song was me. It was awesome. I could listen to this song repeatedly. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to it now. Amazing.

Scott has a knack for writing lyrics that are amazingly descriptive. His acoustic talents are bar-none (Story of the Year is a close second. A very close second.).

I was stoked to see @BRichards_1991 recommend them on twitter (make sure to follow me too)

So, go on and take a listen to Frightened Rabbit. You wont be sorry.

Hold on to your thumbs, tighten your eyelids
Lock up your ears, my dear, I'm verbal when I am loaded
Duck under that desk, cover your neck
Thicken your skin as I begin to shoot myself in the foot again

No comments:

Post a Comment