Thursday, September 29, 2011

Coffee at 1030pm = insomnia and youtube discoveries

This Club.

At first listen, I wasn't too impressed. They have almost a Dave Matthews like quality to their songs. All of the beginnings of their songs sound similar. But I listened to this one first, the whole song. Tell Your Mother. I was quite impressed with their vocal abilities, especially acoustically. The lyrics appear to be all over... it went from Telling your mother something, to doing shit early in the morning. I was slightly confused. But if you don't really pay attention to the lyrics, the music is okay.

I then listened to You Dont Have to Cry... which I wanted to do after listening to the song. Again, if you don't listen to the actual lyrics, the music is good. And their vocal talents are there, they just need lyrics that make sense. I had to stop after this song. While this song's lyrics made more sense, I just couldn't get into it.

I gave it the ol' college try though. I really did.

Now I'm going to tell your mother that you don't have to cry early in the morning cause I do shit then.

No comments:

Post a Comment