Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Love Food

I really do. I love cooking. I love experimenting with new foods and recipes.

I am in the category of 'morbidly obese', which is kind of scary to even see typed out on my screen. But I've always been healthy, aside from my hiatal hernia. My blood pressure has always been within normal limits, my blood work is always normal. Despite being almost 100 lbs overweight, I do eat healthily (is that a word?) 85% of the time. I do eat 'bad' things, but who doesn't? I just seem to be scrutinized a little more because I'm already overweight. WeightWatchers has taught me that I can eat anything, ANYTHING, in moderation.

When I became pregnant in Feb 2012, I started to keep more careful track of my calories and my exercise. Even now, I do give into a craving now and again. I have eaten my fair share of ice cream, fries and chicken nuggets. But I've also gone weeks of eating salads, veggies, and eggs. You can indulge. If you don't, I found that you'd be more likely to scarf down a full half-gallon of ice cream followed by a whole package of Oreos.

While many 'overweight' people are comfortable in their skin, most are often seen as being unhealthy - even when we don't know their medical history. Most wouldn't eat to gain more weight, most just wind up maintaining their weight give or take a few pounds.

But eating to GAIN weight baffles me.

Unless you're grossly underweight.

But this story that I came across today, baffles the bejeebus out of me. My mind can not wrap itself around this woman's train of thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment